Interested in volunteering with Eating with the Ecosystem?
We would love to get you involved! Since Eating with the Ecosystem is small non-profit every volunteer adds something really special to the mix. Whether you would like to volunteer on a one-time basis or over the long term, your involvement will help carry this non-profit to the next level and help us achieve our vision of a New England seafood system that supports the region’s marine ecosystems and the people who depend on them.
Sign up for our Volunteer list to be the first to hear about volunteer opportunities:
Below are a few ideas about ways that you can get involved and volunteer with Eating with the Ecosystem. We are looking for volunteers of all skill sets, if you do not see an option that interests you feel free to reach out via email to discus other options and sign up for our Volunteer List above to be the first to hear about other volunteer opportunities.
- Become a blogger for Eating with the Ecosystem. We are looking for monthly blog entries about our local marine ecosystems, fisheries, and seafood. Write to us to discus your blog idea and we will feature it on our website. You can write a one time blog or become a frequent blogger.
- Attend an event and take photos and write about your experience. As a small organization it can be hard to run and event while also documenting it. Volunteer to attend one of our upcoming events and we will give you a free ticket to the event in exchange for you taking photos, blogging, and recording the fisherman, scientist, or chef's story.
- Tabling at seafood festivals, farmers markets, and other public events.
- Research/ data skills such as data management, GIS, statistics, tableau, excel work, etc.
- Participate in Citizen Science projects such as our Market Blitz (which will be run biannually).
Contact Kate Masury at email@example.com to discuss opportunities that fit your interests and availability. Internships for credit are also available.